A List of the Top Advantages of Double-Glazed Windows
Whether you have an entirely new home or are refurbishing an existing one, it is important to make the right decisions when it comes to its windows. Windows play a big role in ensuring not only your safety, but also your comfort and your complete peace of mind. With the right kind of windows for your abode, you can be assured of security, ease, and even a lowered energy bill.
If you are a homeowner in Plymouth (as I am), you would certainly have noticed that more and more of your neighbours are resorting to UPVC and double glazing for their windows – and, speaking from personal experience, it is one of the best decisions I have ever made for my home.
Double-glazed windows: The right choice
There are an increasing number of home and business owners nowadays who are opting for double glazing for their windows. And why not? Double glazing brings with it a host of advantages, and there are a variety of reasons why every home or business should have its windows double glazed.
What is a double-glazed window?
A double-glazed window is one which is comprised of two separate layers of glass, with an additional layer of (inert) gas in between. Compared to single-glazed windows, double-glazed windows have twice the necessary insulation, making the windows airtight and more effective at regulating the temperature inside a building.
The top advantages of double glazing:
- Save on your energy costs – Double glazing allows you to save a significant amount on your energy bill because it is very thermally efficient. The insulation provided by double glazing regulates the flow of outgoing and incoming heat, so you need less energy to heat or cool your interior space, resulting in a lower energy bill. According to the specialists at Sound Renovation LLC, “Windows treated with Low E glazes usually cost 15 percent more than regular windows; however, they minimize energy loss by as much as 30 percent.” Therefore, glazed windows lead to long term savings.
- Better exterior and interior noise insulation – if you are concerned about the sound coming from the outside or the sound being transmitted from inside your home to the outside, then double glazing provides a solution, as the extra barrier provides adequate sound insulation.
- Less moisture and condensation – if it is cold outside, droplets of water form on your window panes. This, in turn, develops into frost, making your interior space feel cold. As a result, you are more likely to turn up your heat. But double glazing prevents moisture and condensation from building up because of its airtight seal, blocking cold air from seeping in.
- Prolong the life of your furniture and furnishings – a double-glazed window is designed to prevent too much heat and sun from entering your interior space. This, in turn, lowers the effects of the sun (such as fading) on your furniture and other furnishings such as paintings and carpets.
- Improved safety – safety is a big consideration for most of us. But with double-glazed windows, your home’s security is increased because the windows are more difficult to break. In addition, double-glazed windows are more tightly sealed, so they are harder to force open.
If you would like to get the most out of your windows with the extra advantage of better peace of mind, opt for UPVC double glazing in Plymouth, and it will transform your abode in more ways than one.